PLEASE REFER TO THE NATIONAL WEBSITE:
Call 119 to get a test if you have problems using the internet.
It is with profound sadness & loss that we inform you of the tragic, sudden death of Claire Parry, our Nurse Practitioner. She was a wonderful caring nurse, colleague and friend to us all at Moordown Medical Centre selflessly serving her community. Our thoughts and prayers are with her family.
Many of you will have been touched by Claire's kindness in some way and may wish to express your condolences or write a memory, so we have set up a page on the remembr.com website: https://www.remembr.com/claire.parry
We are currently offering flu clinics on the following dates and we are prioritising the over 65 year olds and At Risk groups. The Government has procured additional vaccines and this is expected that these will be offered in due course to individuals aged 50-64 and this will be dependent on vaccine supply. We will be in touch with you by text as soon as the supply becomes more freely available.
Thursday 15th October Over 65's only
In order to protect our staff and patients, our clinics are going to look very different this year and we ask you to support us in helping to keep everyone safe by following the following instructions:
Please help us to keep everyone safe by:
- Sticking to your given appointment time to minimise waiting times and maintain social distancing.
- We will run a one-way system on clinic days and will be observing social distancing which may mean you need to queue outside. Please follow the instructions of the staff on the door, who are there to help the flow of patients run as smoothly as possible.
- You must wear a face mask
- We will not be able to deal with any other enquiries at the time of your vaccination to keep the flow of patients going.
- Please wear clothing with no sleeves or short sleeves so we can get easily to your upper arm and take any outdoor clothing off before you enter the room, so you are ready for your injection.
- Please use hand sanitiser as directed
- You must NOT attend if you are feeling unwell with Covid symptoms or you are isolating because you have been in contact with someone else who has tested positive to COVID.
- There will not be an opportunity to sit down so please let us know in advance if you are too frail to stand and queue and we will offer an alternative to the flu clinic attendance.
- We usually inject into the left arm but can administer into the right on request.
- Where possible, please attend appointment on your own to reduce foot flow in surgery.
Thank you for reading this information and thank you for supporting your GP surgery during this time.
To book an appointment, please telephone 01202 974700 and speak to one of our Reception Team
COVID UPDATE- Changes from 15th June 2020
From the 15th June, it will become compulsory to wear a face covering when attending the surgery. To ensure the safety of all patients and staff, we are asking that face coverings must be worn for all face to face appointments at the surgery from now on. Please put on your face covering outside before entering the building. Do not enter the surgery until the GP, Nurse or Healthcare Assistant has advised they are ready to see you.
Wearing a face covering helps to reduce the spread of coronavirus from anyone who is infected but aren't yet showing any symptoms. This face covering could be a scarf, bandana or homemade mask.
We are also asking that patients come in for their appointments alone, where possible to further reduce the risk of any infection being spread.
Help us to keep all our staff and patients safe!
Please see the Covid Information Guide for further COVID information.
++++ Please note the GPs will not be issuing any letters or certificates for exemptions of wearing a face covering on public transport or in shops. The government website details the guidance for exemption to the mandatory requirements. Please click on the link below for further information.++++++
Face Mask Government Guidelines and information
**We are pleased to announce that we are now accredited as a Veteran Friendly Practice.**
How likely are you to recommend our practice to friends and family if they needed similar care or treatment? Please click on the patient survey above and let us know.......
In January 2020 the following results were received:
83% (271 respondents) of patients stated that they were extremely likely to recommend us
11% (39 respondents) of patients stated that they were likely to recommend us
1% (4 respondents) of patient stated they were neither likely nor unlikely to recommend us
1% (2 respondents) of patient stated that they were unlikely to recommend us
3% (10 respondents) stated they were extremely unlikely to would recommend us
1% (3 respondent) stated they didn't know if they would recommend us
Thank you for your continued support in providing this feedback to us.
About the Friends and Family Test
(NHS Friends and Family Advert)
Friends and Family Test
About the Friends and Family Test
You can book appointments or request a repeat prescription on-line. If you do not have a User name or Password, please contact the surgery. If there are any problems with this system, please tell us about them.
Please click here to book an appointment or request a repeat prescription online (if you do not have a Username or Password, please contact the surgery).
(Site updated 24/09/2020)